Monday, January 11, 2016

I used to criticise Mills – EC boss

HEADLINES
I used to criticise Mills – EC boss
Posted Jan 11, 2016 at 9:53am
Madam Charlotte Osei and Nii Arday Clegg in the studio
Charlotte Osei, first woman chairperson of Ghana’s electoral commission has revealed that she used to criticise the late President John Mills when he was alive.

According to her, most of her attacks on the late professor bothered on areas of corporate governance.

“He (Mills) was my lecturer at school and so there are times I would draw his attention to something and tell him; sir, this is bad corporate governance. I used to do it to him all the time,” Mrs Osei told Nii Arday Clegg on the Morning Starr Monday.

The EC boss who was first appointed head of the National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE) by the late President said she first declined the offer when it was made to her.

“With the NCCE job, I think he decided that since I criticize him a lot on governance I should go and do it. .

“… My first response when the emissary came to me that the president was considering me for the job; was no! thank you, but later I thought about it said that was rude and not a good response for the president and the emissary agreed, so I informed my family about it and most of them agreed that I take up the job,” she added.

Mrs Osei was the head of the NCCE until her appointment to the EC by President John Mahama in June 2015.



Source:Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5FM

No comments:

Post a Comment